Which mindfulness programme do I teach?
The Youth Mindfulness For Kids programme is a 16-lesson introduction to mindfulness for 7 to 11 year olds, with a strong emphasis on experiential learning. The lessons build up sequentially, introducing and exploring new facets of mindfulness with each lesson. The first six lessons focus on cultivating the foundational axioms of mindfulness:
What do the children learn from mindfulness classes?
As the course progresses, children then learn to cultivate gratitude, handle difficult thoughts and emotions, and finally develop kindness towards themselves and others.
Importantly, the key foundations of mindfulness – i.e. paying attention to the present moment with openness, curiosity and warmth – are continually strengthened throughout all 16 lessons. The key foundations of youth mindfulness go hand in hand with promoting wellbeing in schools.
Youth Mindfulness For Kids – A lesson breakdown
- LESSON 1 – Training the Mind
- LESSON 2 – Introducing Attention
- LESSON 3 – The Benefits of Breathing
- LESSON 4 – Allowing and Letting Be
- LESSON 5 – Beginner’s Mind
- LESSON 6 – Willpower
- LESSON 7 – Being Grateful
- LESSON 8 – Appreciating Others
- LESSON 9 – Learning Resilience
- LESSON 10 – Mindsight
- LESSON 11 – Building our Kindness
- LESSON 12 – Being a Good Friend
- LESSON 13 – Be an Everyday Hero
- LESSON 14 – Kind Action
- LESSON 15 – Looking Back
- LESSON 16 – Looking Forward
Where do I teach?
I’m based within Perthshire, Scotland and I’m currently running sessions in areas such Perth, Blairgowrie, Alyth, Coupar Angus…. If you are interesting in talking to me about implementing mindfulness for kids in your school, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I’d love to have a chat with you about what the mindfulness programme I teach offers your school and how it can work hand in hand with the Health and Wellbeing drive within Scottish schools.